Elder Hilliard called to serve for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Pictures and Week 25

Elder Hilliard on his beach

In a field

At a baptism 

another field


At Paradise Restuarant                               Wow, week 25. I am already about a quarter of the way through the
mission. Time sure does fly. Despite the hardships or set backs, I really have enjoyed my time thus far. The work we do is definitely worth anything that we go through. Sometimes we forget that, especially if we don't see the results immediately. But, finally, our work here in Temwaiku is paying off. We have a baptism this week. And it is a good one. I am really excited. This week was good. Elder Kennedy flew off to Nonouti but my companion won't be here for awhile, so I have been working with a visa-waiter since then. It is weird being in charge of the area. But, it is good all the same. One of the craziest things that happened this week is that we had drumsticks. Not the chicken ones, or made of wood. But ice cream. That was really good. We were so amazed. But the most exciting thing it that we just watched conference yesterday and the day before. I loved it so much. This has got to be one of the best conferences that we had. The priesthood session really hit me hard. I felt like all the speakers were talking directly to me. I really loved what Uchtdorf said about being happy. Especially because it is something
 that Mom tells me all the time. We are as happy as we choose to be.We can choose if we are happy in our situation or not. I have seen this in my time in Kiribati. There have been some tough times. But when I remember that I can choose to be happy, I am a lot happier. I
 can focus more on the work. I can help my people more. That has to be one of the most true counsels I have every received. And I definitely think it is something we can all do. We can choose happiness no matter the circumstance. Especially if we remember the gospel of Jesus Christ. His gospel is the only way to true happiness.Hard times will hit us all, and we will all be sad at some point. It is part of life. But we can choose how much we let the hard things affect our future. Or affect our beliefs. I know this to be true. I hope you all have a good week and strive to be happy. I love you all.
 
 Love

 Elder Hilliard

No comments:

Post a Comment